April has finally arrived! As great as the transition to warmer weather is, we all know April showers bring May flowers. Rain boots are now a necessity. Here are a few tips when deciding which kind to choose, and a few of my favorites.
Women with longer legs should try to wear boots that reach higher on the leg – in order to showcase their elongated legs. Petite ladies, lean more towards the shorter length. They are not only more fashionable, but also lightweight! If you’re a consumer that needs extra comfort in a boot, many come lined with synthetic fur or optional socks that you can insert. When making a final purchase, consider the following things:
1. Functionality. Are you going to want to tuck in your jeans/pants? Is there enough room to do so?
2. When you try on boots, make sure that you are wearing socks. Make sure they are the type of socks you wear the most. You will be able to determine whether or not the boots fit well and are comfortable. After all, you don’t want to get home just to realize that your fluffy socks make your boots too small.
3. Style. Consider how it will look with your daily style. If you buy a color, can you wear them with most of your outfits? When in doubt, just remember, black is absolutely fabulous and goes with everything,
4. Longevity. How long will they hold up? Are they durable for all types of weather?
5. Price Point. Boots come in all price points. Some cost a pretty penny, so don’t break the bank when there is a comparable cheaper option.
MY PICKS FOR BEST RAIN BOOTS
1. Hunter Rain Boots. They come in all colors, textures, sizes, and an optional sock insert – so your feet won’t get cold.
2. Chooka ‘Classic Dot’ Rain Boots. These are absolutely adorable, have tiny polka dots, and come in different colors.
3. Rockport Lorraine Rain Boots. These are for the ladies that still want to rock high heels in the rain. New York City ladies, these ones are for you.
4. Kamik Rain Boots. These come in a variety of vivid prints and add a little spice to your wardrobe.
6. Burberry Rain Boots. Anything Burberry will cost more. However, they offer absolutely stunning patterns, interesting designs, and amazing quality.
7. Gucci Rain Boots. These are a higher price point, but Gucci is very well known for their quality and top-notch patterns.
8. Salvatore Ferragamo Rain Boots. Ferragamo is known for his impeccable quality, attention to detail, and style. When it comes to price point, these will cost a great deal more. However, they will last for quite a while.
Now go make your splash into spring!