Has it been too long since you learned some facts? Would you like to think about sex under the guise of learning? Well, fear not, #writtalifers, because I am here to take care of you.
- Sperm has a sense of smell.
- The largest natural breasts in the world, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, measure (drumroll, please…) 70 INCHES, OR, 5.83 FEET. I wish I could capitalize numbers for emphasis, because my back hurts just thinking about that.
- Some women can orgasm from their nipples. Some can through exercise (apparently, I’m exercising all wrong…) and some can just by thinking about it, like this lady (gaga).
- No wonder the French call orgasms La Petit Mort, or “Little Death”: the University of Groningen in the Netherlands found that during female orgasm, part of the brain actually shuts down. For the record it’s the amygdala, which controls memory, emotion regulation, and the combination of the two.
- Platypus sex is seriously XXXXXXXXXX. That’s how many sex chromosomes a female platypus has, while female humans only have one pair, XX. Male platypuses–platypi? Whatever…have XYXYXYXYXY.
- Sooooooooo. Ancient Egyptians used crocodile shit as a contraceptive. A diaphragm, to be specific. And that’s all I’m going to say about that because I have to go throw up forever.
- Turns out people are definitely not the first to invent prostitution: a study done by a university in Singapore found that male macaques will groom females in order to “pay” for sex. So doin’ it like they do on the Discovery Channel is just good old-fashioned business, apparently.
- I’ll count this as a personal victory since I hate wearing heels with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. According to research by Dr. Eden Fromberg, OBGYN, and the author of the awesomely named Vagina, A New Biography, wearing heels can make a lady’s orgasm weaker. Many heels are designed to arch the back, which causes the muscles in the pelvic floor to contract. Since they’re already flexed, they can’t go any further during those shiny, happy moments. Or as I like to call them, Life Enhancing Reasons to Wear Comfy Shoes.
- Being better hydrated helps you orgasm more easily and better.
- Like you needed another way to procrastinate studying for finals or preparing for that meeting. According to a study done by psychologists in the UK, gettin’ it on right before a stressful event makes your blood pressure go way down and get back to normal levels much more quickly after. For some reason this effect only pops up with penetrative sex, not with oral, but hey…
Technically, the survival of our species depends on it, so get out there, drink some Gatorade and de-stress, champ!
Tags : dating, Discovery Channel, Facts, featured, Gatorade, Guinness World Records, Human Sexuality, lifestyle, Manzone, Netherlands, Orgasm, Politics of Sexuality, Relationships, Science, Sex, Sex Life, Sex-determination system, Sexology, Sexuality, Strange, University of Groningen, Weird
Subscribe. Follow. Like.
To RSS Feed